HID, Algorithm Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Be part of the engineering team building next generation human interface devices and health monitoring features including Heart Rate Monitoring on Watch! We are looking for an Algorithm Quality Engineer with a working understanding of population based statistics, validation of algorithm integration on mobile embedded systems, along with strong mathematical programming skills.
- Typically requires 2 - 6 years of QE experience.
- Ability to develop test guidelines from specifications with a focus on automation.
- Experience developing automated tests in a testing framework/environment.
- Experience in programming at least 2 of : Python, C, C#, Java, Perl
- Deep understanding of population based statistics and the mathematical underpinnings of algorithms.
- Experience with signal processing techniques to assist in design validation
- You have shown skills in bug hunting and regression.
- You have experience in testing & debugging embedded mobile systems.
Your responsibilities in this role are likely to include: - Owning quality of algorithms that run on Mac and iOS devices. - Owning and developing test automation and test frameworks. - Test flow definition, implementation, execution and debugging. - Results Analysis. Including statistical analysis of large data sets. - Working closely with Algorithm, Software, and Firmware development teams to ensure timely delivery of quality product. - Working multi-functionally to drive quality and be able to clearly communicate results.
Education & Experience
B.Sc. or M.S. in EE/CE/CS (or equivalent)
- PREFERRED SKILLS
- Knowledge of Macintosh systems and Mac OS X or UNIX variant.
- Knowledge of R / Matlab / Mathematica is helpful.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace