Senior Linux DevOps Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The IS&T Infrastructure Systems Engineering team is looking for Senior Linux DevOps Engineer to design, build tools and support large scale Linux systems. You’ll play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of services relied upon across Apple. You'll partner with engineering teams to ensure they're successful.
- Build, Automate and support mission critical large scale infrastructure systems.
- We want you to help with our team’s initiative for promoting automation and self-service tools for service democratization and enforcing responsibilities with respective app teams.
- We are looking for extensive Linux experience, especially with Oracle Linux, CentOS etc.
- We would like you to have strong debugging skills a must. Familiarity with kernel debugging a plus.
- Good understanding of administration of Linux systems.
- Experience in one of the following languages: Python, Go, Java
- You automate things rather than doing them twice.
- Automation and config management skills using Puppet, Ansible.
- Experience with large installment systems
- You're an expert in the DevOps space, but don't want to be limited to that space.
- Experience with revision control systems like GitHub, CI/CD unit testing, and configuration management systems.
- Experience in Docker, VM, Kubernetes is a plus.
- Understanding OS, Systems security / encryption
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
The IS&T Infrastructure Systems Engineering team is looking for Senior Linux DevOps Engineer to support our rapid growth and expansion. This new role will be key part of the Infrastructure Engineering team at IS&T with a broad impact across the product and customer experiences. You will work with a highly skilled engineering team in the design, implementation and support of operating system technologies supporting large scaler Linux systems. Solve complex problems using both open-source and in-house tooling to support security and business initiatives
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field.
- - Prior experience as an SRE, software engineer, or system administrator
- - Experience in system automation technology, such as Puppet or Ansible
- - Information Security and Regulatory Compliance
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.