Manager of Advanced Cell Technology Development
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! This leadership position is responsible for directing a talented and experienced battery material science team that is focused on the development of cathode powders and electrodes for advanced energy storage cell designs. The candidate will work with internal R&D teams, along with industry partners to develop sophisticated cathode designs. Lead all aspects of idea generation, establishing experimental plans, coordination of resources, execution of activities and summary / presentation of results. Position requires directly related technical expertise, solid leadership skills and excellent communication ability.
- 10+ years of experience in related technology development with a demonstrated record of innovation.
- 3+ years of scientific / engineering management experience.
- 3+ years of experience handling development programs with internal engineering groups and external technology development vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with the ability to clearly and accurately explain technical issues.
- Motivated, self-starter with excellent time management skills and strong process and data driven approach to areas of focus.
- Ability to mentor and grow capability and productivity of reporting staff.
- Proficiency in quality tools knowledge as applied to new product development and manufacturing systems including SPC, design of experiments and statistical analysis.
Assume lead role in defining scope and coordinating staff activities related to the development of cathode materials, electrode processes, electrochemical evaluation and materials characterization. Develop schedules, set priorities and coordinate data reviews to determine progress against program goals and establish next steps. Work with external vendors, agencies and labs to establish support technology programs. Identify enabling and applicable technologies that can facilitate program success and where applicable, work to establish related intellectual property. Identify position skill sets required to effectively execute programs, work with recruiters to fill those positions and mentor / develop skill sets of supporting staff. Prepare budget proposals, status updates and presentations related to current / future development activities, report and make recommendations. Ensure that all supporting documentation is updated and controlled to reflect designs, process practices and modifications Coordinate technology transfer of next generation designs, materials and processes into the cell design development / qualification process. Travel to external vendors, suppliers, and technology partners expected.
Education & Experience
MS, Ph.D. in Chemistry, Material Science or Chemical Engineering