Thermal Data Analytics Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Thermal Design team is currently looking for a highly motivated and self-driven engineer with a strong understanding of thermal design and data analytics. The thermal design team’s goal is to optimize the user experience of all Apple products while balancing tradeoffs between performance, power and thermal aspects of the design. A successful applicant must possess excellent communication skills, will be able to adapt quickly to new challenges, be very attentive to details, be self-motivated, and work with cross functional teams to identify thermal management solutions, and drive implementation.
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of industry experience, with some background in consumer electronic devices.
- BS or MS in Engineering, preferably in thermal / mechanical engineering or related field
- Consumer electronics thermal control knowledge
- Large-scale design of experiments, data collection, and analysis
- Excellent programming/scripting knowledge including R, Perl, Python, JMP
- Desired Qualifications:
- Statistics and informatics
- Background in CFD or experimental fluid mechanics/heat transfer or thermal
- Algorithm development, and data visualization
As an engineer working in the Thermal Design team, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of system-level thermal design and trade-offs: ▪ Work with thermal design engineers to understand product design requirements and relevant thermal goals ▪ Develop experiments, test methodologies and automation to generate required data to support design goals ▪ Establish accurate numeric models based on experimental data ▪ Work with analytic teams to retrieve, analyze, and present relevant data to understand usage patterns. Use the data to aid in product design decisions. Perform advanced statistical analysis as required ▪ Work efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously to support product schedules ▪ Specify and optimize aspects of thermal control
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Engineering, preferably in thermal / mechanical engineering or related field