Game Network Engineer
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
Are you ready to explore a new technology and product space with a hardworking and collaborative team? Apple's Technology Development Group is seeking developers skilled in building high performance interactive 3D simulation software. This team is building the core foundational platform for some of Apple's most advanced technologies including the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) support offered in ARKit and Metal 2. As a member of our creative organization, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every single day.
- At least 2 years of experience in the following areas:
- Developing networked applications, with understanding of limitations of the Internet and familiarity with lag compensation and latency mitigation techniques.
- C/C++ and Objective-C programming skills.
- Software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- 3D math skills
In this role you will work closely with other developers and build tools and frameworks to enable connected experiences in a 3D mixed-reality world. You will work closely with Apple's UI framework, human interface designers and system capabilities teams - pushing you to think outside-the-box, and solve incredibly challenging and interesting problems in the 3D application space. You will work with technologies such as UIKit, internal frameworks and sub-systems, and a wide range of Apple’s most advanced technologies such as ARKit.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- - Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- - 2+ years of experience developing games, ideally on multiple platforms
- - Familiarity with macOS, Unix, Xcode
- - Understanding of backends and scalability
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace