Full Stack Senior Software Engineer, IoT
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are a software team inside Apple’s operations group, and we sit at the intersection of Machine Learning, Software and Operations. As a Full Stack Developer on the Manufacturing Systems and Infrastructure team, you will work in a fast-paced environment solving unique and challenging software problems and developing innovative solutions that pertain to our factory operations. You will work closely with other engineering teams across the company to provide the best user experience possible across all Apple products. We are looking for someone who brings passion, attention to detail, ability to learn rapidly and work as part of a small team building reliable software. If you are passionate about technical solutions involving hardware, software and ML (IoT, Industry 4.0, etc.), we'd love to hear from you.
- A proven track record of successful project/product implementation with minimal of 10 years of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Pair programming and Test-Driven Development.
- 5 years of software development experience in support of Machine Learning goals
- Proficiency in three or more of the following programming languages (C / Objective-C / Swift / Ruby / Python / Erlang / Haskel / Java / Scala)
- Proficiency in one or more frontend framework (HTML5 / Angular / React)
- Experience developing on both mobile and web platforms
- Hands-on Test-Driven Development experience and able to author Unit, Integration and Functional Tests.
- Great OO-skills. Must demonstrate strong familiarity of design patterns.
- Experience practicing pair programming in a team is an advantage
- Good communication and client-facing skills.
The MSI team partners closely with several business and engineering groups, anticipating the needs of our end customers often before they do. You will capture requirements from business users, develop scalable software, build tools, dashboards and large-scale databases used for Apple’s Operations organization. • Taking ownership of technical designs, code development, and component test execution to demonstrate alignment to the functional specification • Using configuration management and integration/build automation tools to lead and deploy code (CI/CD, containerization) • Applying knowledge of common, relevant architecture frameworks in defining and evaluating application architectures • Performing code reviews and providing critical suggestions for fixes and improvements redesign existing applications for better user experience involving performance and usability • Supporting issue analysis and fix activities during test phases, as well as production issue resolution • Fixing and performance tuning iOS-based applications • Exploring and researching a broad set of technology stacks, microservice design patterns, Open Source libraries and frameworks, architecture concepts and Machine Learning • Presenting your work in a collaborative way across team members and partners • Some travel will be required (10-15%)
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.