Audio Firmware Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do at Apple! Everyday, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? If so, we are looking for individuals like you. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of audio, video and graphics support in Apple’s innovative products, including the AirPods, HomePod, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV. IMG’s Audio team provides the audio foundation for various high profile features like Game Audio, Siri, FaceTime, media capture, playback and API’s for third party developers to enrich our platforms. The team is looking for talented engineers who are passionate about building audio features and products for millions of customers and care about overall user experience. You will revolutionize the audio experience for game and future audio technologies.
- Solid C/C++ coding abilities.
- Experience with RTOS embedded development and preemptive multithreaded programming.
- Multi-core development experience including inter-processor communication, shared memory interfaces and real-time scheduling between cores.
- Experience with SoC’s, peripherals, features, and development environments.
- Experience with board bring up and digital hardware.
- Strong software debugging skills.
As the Audio Firmware Engineer, you will be implementing real-time audio designs based on common frameworks targeting a family of multi-core SoC's. This role will require system engineering experience in order to successfully integrate these real-time audio components into the overall system. As a result, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of product development. In addition to working cross-functionally with engineering teams to define product features and requirements, you will play a lead role in defining system architecture to implement new products and features. You will also design, implement, debug, and test embedded C/C++ code and optimize code in order to fit within tight memory constraints.
Education & Experience
BS or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to design and integrate code into shipping product.
- Knowledge of Bluetooth and WiFi Technologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with real-time audio (sample rates, buffering, I2S, PCM, PDM, drivers) is a plus
- Mac OSX and/or iOS programming experience is a plus.
- Some assembly experience is a plus.