Apple Card Service & Customer Experience Manager, Wallet & Apple Pay
Austin, Texas, United States
The Apple Wallet, Payments, and Commerce team is rapidly growing, entering new markets and adding innovative new features to our products. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. Apple Pay is the leading mobile payments platform for in-store and online payments, and Apple Card has been the most successful credit card launch in history. And we’re just getting started! Join the Apple Pay Wallet and Payments Operations team, working within our organization to understand, develop and improve our processes to support our customers, and measure our impact on the experience. You will help us define our future vision, build operational capabilities, and drive launch readiness of new product features. You will also play a key role in building and development of a team of Program Managers focused on building and improving the service experience for Apple Card. You should have significant leadership experience and subject matter expertise in customer experience initiatives, services delivery & operations, credit and payments, e-commerce, customer insights, organizational change and launch readiness. This senior role is full-time and will be based in either Austin, TX or Cupertino, CA.
- Experience in the Financial services industry.
- Demonstrated success in leading Customer Insights and Servicing Operations teams.
- Experience in crafting and developing a robust team of specialists.
- Passion and curiosity for defining how we service our customers in the easiest way possible.
- Experience in leading customer-facing conversational channels.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and get results in a new space.
- Passion for digging deep into a subject matter area.
- Ability to collaborate with different teams, utilize outstanding influencing skills, and demonstrate strong senior-level/executive communication abilities.
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, constantly evolving, and unpredictable work environment.
- Ability to synthesize complex topics and distill key business dynamics to senior leaders and partners.
- Analytical and creative problem solver with a can-do demeanor and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs.
- Experience in business operations functions, including various customer servicing channels, vendor management, fraud, and business analytics.
- Aptitude and interest in new technical concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver large scale projects on-time with consistently successful results while working across departments and time zones.
- Solid ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams in a matrixed organization.
- High level of proficiency crafting high impact presentations using Keynote (or MS PowerPoint) to clearly articulate solutions.
- Collaborative, flexible and open working style, with an ability to quickly establish trust and credibility.
- Excellent teamwork skills and shown ability to influence others.
- Integrity, energy and urge to “make things happen."
In this role, it is important that you develop a strong working relationship with each of your partners. You should be an excellent communicator who is self-motivated and is comfortable working in a global, matrix, fast-paced environment. You will work cross-functionally with a variety of internal groups as well as with external partners, to enable differentiated customer experience and improve the quality of our services. Shape and execute the service experience for first-party financial services Responsible for the Apple Card service experience through Messages and Phone channels - including metrics like Customer Satisfaction, Contact Rate, and Automation Rate Hands-on leader, who takes full accountability from conception thought implementation of critical operational initiatives in support of our payments products Build and lead a robust product and service operations team Support teams on medium/long-term planning, resourcing and organizational design Drive operational reviews and rhythm of the business that use analysis and established critical metrics Identify, scope and drive critical projects and initiatives, partnering with different teams across the organization Prioritize the team’s efforts to deliver what matters most Develop and drive improvements across internal and external partners to create best-in-class operational experiences through collaboration, leadership and a customer-focused approach Lead regularly scheduled, cross-functional updates and leadership reviews Work closely with cross-functional teams, such as Product, Marketing, Retail, AppleCare, and Engineering to ensure outstanding customer experience, service and support Define implications of current and potential trends and action plans; translate data and insights into initiatives that drive impact and improve customer experience Effectively handle partners, subject matter specialists, executives and other internal groups through effective written and verbal communication Run change. Implement new ideas effectively within the Apple culture. Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer-focused approach Some travel required in future (15%-20%)
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Business, Engineering or a related field required. MBA or a relevant post graduate degree is a plus. Minimum 10+ years of professional experience required. Minimum 5+ years of people management experience required. Prior experience in management consulting or product operations at a tech company and/or startup is a plus.