Display Module Prototyping Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a highly motivated Display Module Prototyping Engineer to join Panel Process and Optics (PPO) Engineering Team to explore new display module architectures for future Apple products.
- Hands-on experience in designing, building and modifying fixtures and prototyping equipment
- Demonstrated experience in process development in an R&D or similar early-stage environment
- Passion for innovative projects where objectives, deliverables, constraints and timelines are ambiguous
- Flexible and collaborative, willing to work in a fast paced product and technology development lab
- Ability to work with CAD systems such as NX, Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc. to create engineering drawings and equipment models
- Experience working with machining tools a plus
The Prototyping Engineer is expected to work quickly and smartly to help determine the viability of ideas and technologies. The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative environment, with uncertain requirements and shifting dependencies. Projects will require rapid experimentation and prototyping without sacrificing quality or attention to detail. We work at a fast pace and require everyone to be highly self-motivated. The ideal person for this role loves to tinker, learn new things and bring new ideas to life. This is a hands-on interdisciplinary development role that will require versatility across a variety of tasks in a highly collaborative environment.
Education & Experience
PhD degree with 3+ years or MS degree with 5+ years of experience working on related field preferred Experience in turning innovative ideas into proof-of-concept demos