Engineering Program Manager - Embedded Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sensor Software and Prototyping team works in the layer of Apple products that processes and interprets data from sensors to enable magical experiences. We are looking for a world class program manager to join this growing team to lead and drive the engineering teams to create intuitive, fast, and robust systems. This role requires a solid technical background combined with an understanding of how the different pieces of firmware, software, algorithms and quality engineering come together to make a feature possible; someone who has exceptional communication skills and the ability to handle complex cross functional team coordination. Is that you?
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Program management experience taking a product through all the stages of development - from architecture, proof-of-concept, prototyping to mass production.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Experience working with hardware and software teams, identifying cross functional dependencies and driving cross functional deliverables..
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Technical knowledge of firmware and embedded systems, especially focused on consumer products.
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles.
- Well-versed in agile project management methodologies.
Collaborate with multi-functional teams to drive appropriate research and prototyping opportunities in a dynamic environment. Identify and highlight technical risk areas and mitigation strategies in partnership with Apple technologists. Cross-functionally track and communicate the key developments and updates on projects. Synthesize large amounts of data into concise written and verbal analyses that provide key findings, recommendations and actionable items. Create schedule, identify critical paths, and track program plan throughout execution.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or higher degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent training and experience.