RF Software Platform Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Hardware Cellular FW team is actively looking for a self-motivated Radio Frequency (RF) Software Engineer to join us and build Apple’s future wireless products. The success in this role will take in-depth knowledge in wireless communications, excellent software fundamentals, strong communication skills, and a desire to work with an amazing team to innovate and develop groundbreaking products. We welcome innovative and tenacious engineers to apply with us!
- Knowledge of mobile communications in 2G/3G/4G/5G 3GPP protocols and physical layer & radio aspects.
- Knowledge of mobile communications, RF transceiver, antenna tuning, adaptive algorithm, SAR/MPE, RF calibration and deep learning are desired.
- Strong C programming skills.
- Hands-on experience with RF lab equipment (CMW 500, Agilent 8960, Anritsu 8820C, spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experiences with RF HW and Baseband Modem technology would be a plus.
- Ability to work under tight schedule and deliver on time.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
1. Bring up iPhone/iPad modem transceiver systems in close collaboration with both RF and baseband system, RF HW, Baseband and Protocol SW teams. 2. Design, develop and optimize platform (product) level performance such as cellular modem processing algorithms, antenna adaptation algorithms and SW modules to enhance field performance, factory yield, and RF testability. 3. Provide cellular modem expertise to investigations of critical RF issues in a multi-functional HW/SW working environment. 4. Collaborate with cross-functional teams and deliver RF SW features and fixes under aggressive schedules.
Education & Experience
BS in EE/CS required, MS in EE/CS preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We promote innovation and new technology The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.