Incubation Engineering Project Specialist
San Diego, California, United States
Apple's Engineering Program Management Team is looking for a resourceful, energetic Engineering Project Specialist (EPS) to manage the NPI procurement activities for the technology engineering organization. Preferred candidate is a strategic problem solver who can lead and work with cross-functional teams to manage changes, perform risk analysis, and execute mitigation to support the engineering development builds.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Procurement and Project Management
- Working experience with managing and procuring components for multi-level BOM with sub-assemblies (preferably hardware products)
- Familiar with PCB Board and Machined Parts manufacturing processes
- Unparalleled multi-tasking abilities
- Quick learner with ability to follow direction and adapt to changes in order to promote efficiency and productivity
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Effective and collaborative communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Preferred working experiences with oversea vendors including purchasing and logistics
- Top-notch critical thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to react to re-sets and changes in a fast paced environment
• Work closely with engineering, program managers, global commodity managers and finance team to support NPI activities. • Establish and maintain strong working relationships and open communication with project core team and vendors to provide regular updates. • Communicate project status to vendors regarding PO/Invoice, BOM update and material requirement. • Ensure on time delivery of vendor components or finish goods, monitor and optimize logistic flows. • Work directly with local CM to monitor material readiness, scheduling for production, and delivery schedule. • Create, structure and maintain BOM to reflect latest design. Lead cross functional BOM discussion and communicate changes to vendors. • Create Purchase Requisitions, maintain invoice tracking and Goods Receipts. • Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Education & Experience