Engineering Project Mgr - SAP Finance
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The SAP Financial Systems team is responsible for implementing ground breaking solutions across the diverse systems landscape which are at the core of our ability to support the meaningful business needs critical to the day-to-day operations at Apple. Be ready to make something phenomenal when you come here. Multifaceted, encouraging people and innovative, technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple SAP Global Systems team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- 8+ years designing and implementing SAP FI and CO solutions in large global companies
- Solid experience in finance core R2R, P2P and O2C processes
- Knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and other local GAAP standards (local statutory adjustments)
- Experience in designing solutions integrating SAP with non-SAP applications
- Experience in Real Estate Lease Accounting is desirable
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to lead medium and large projects
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast paced environment
- Curious - not satisfied with easy or convenient answers; drives issues to root cause
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; must be able to form positive relationships with business partners and peers
- Have positive attitude and ability to learn new areas
The SAP Financials Solutions Project Manager will be part of the Apple’s Global SAP IS&T Organization and will be specializing in design and configuration of the SAP Financials modules and be responsible for delivering multi-functional projects. You have applied software development and project management methodologies in the past to implement key projects. The position involves understanding new business strategies, providing recommendations for automated solutions to support new strategies and implementing the proposed solutions within pre-determined resources, budget and timeline. Your responsibilities will include working with the business users to define scope and capture business requirements, providing conceptual and detailed designs to meet business needs, performing necessary SAP configurations, writing detail specifications for development of custom programs, testing and implementing the automated solutions. We require strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentations creation/delivery and meeting facilitation and an ability to drive consensus with key constituents. You will have prior SAP experience, good organizational skills, be able to prioritize work effectively and lead projects.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field with accounting work experience. CPA or MBA preferred. Prior experience in hi-tech and software industries is a plus.