Software Products Counsel
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a part of Apple Legal, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. We have a great opportunity for a technology attorney to join our Software Products Legal group. This is a chance to be part of a hands-on team, dedicated to supporting Apple’s software products and operating systems. This role will provide direct support for key Apple special projects engineering teams.
- 5+ years of legal experience advising on software and technology related issues, providing practical legal advice, negotiating and drafting technology transactions
- Excellent communicator who is able to articulate complex and nuanced legal issues clearly and concisely to frontline business and engineering teams and senior executives alike
- Creative problem-solver who can drive transactions and analyze and help resolve complex issues in innovative and practical ways
- Strong writing and contract drafting skills, adept at putting together agreements for a wide variety of licensing and technology transactions
- Best suited for a high energy self-starter who loves technology and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Experience with software development, machine learning and related data privacy issues a plus
- In-house experience preferred
Do you enjoy transactional work and helping others find solutions to big challenges? Does new and evolving technology, and the legal issues it can present, excite you? Do you like building strong client relationships and working on teams? In this role you will be responsible for supporting and advising Apple’s engineering, product marketing and operations teams on a wide variety of matters related to Apple products and software, including feature/technology research and development, licensing, intellectual property, data privacy, product safety, and regulatory compliance. You will be structuring, drafting and negotiating license, development and other technology agreements, as well as counseling clients on day-to-day legal issues as their main products counsel. You will also work as a member of the broader legal team supporting Apple’s products and services. We are looking for someone like you to help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, defend our intellectual property and provide the critical legal support needed for Apple’s software products and businesses. You’ll work with some incredible people and have fun along the way.
Education & Experience
JD or equivalent, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one US state bar required.