Cloud Traffic Engineer, Apple Pay
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and memorable customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Pay is transforming the industry in payments, transit and identity, and we’re aggressively focusing on the customer’s digital wallet experience. Our scale and security demands create unique opportunities for innovative and creative solutions which contribute to millions of customer’s daily interactions.
- You have 6+ years of experience developing resilient, scaleable and high-performance distributed services in Go, Rust, C++, or Java.
- You’ve got a background in L4/L7 proxies like NGINX, Envoy, HAProxy, Linkerd, or Traefik
- You’ve got a foundational understanding of network protocols (BGP, DNS, TCP, HTTP, TLS)
- You’re well versed in network security and cryptography/PKI
- You ship incrementally and often
- You know how to set direction and build consensus through vigorous debate
- Ambiguity doesn’t scare you; you see it as an opportunity to define the future
- You automate things rather than doing them twice
- You’re a hands-on strategist
- You can lead and manage a project yourself
- You don’t work in a vacuum; you work with engineers, product, and management to deliver projects that delight our customers
The Apple Pay team is looking for Traffic Engineers to support our rapid growth and expansion. This new role will be key part of the Infrastructure Engineering team at Apple Pay with a broad impact across the product and customer experiences: Gather requirements, build infrastructure and tooling to support Apple Pay product initiatives Be a conduit for technical expertise in liaising with external Apple Pay partners Provide technical guidance, troubleshooting expertise, and architectural insight to development, quality, and site reliability teams Solve complex problems using both open-source and in-house tooling to support security and business initiatives Build applications and tools to reduce barriers, decrease friction and speed up delivery of products Scale existing technologies (or promote new technologies) to out-pace current growth projections Evangelize next generation cloud and DevOps products and processes, experiment with their implementation and bring them to fruition.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent