Senior Network Engineer
Elk Grove, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Come join the Network Team that support Apple’s Global Data Centers! We're a team of seasoned professionals that provide network design, operations and software development support. The team directly influences daily operations of iTunes, iCloud, Maps, Siri and other Apple’s other internet facing services in order to maximize efficiency, consistency and availability. Candidates should have a proven background in network infrastructure implementation and support. This person will need to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and deliver solutions across a sophisticated network. Must be a collaborative team player and participate in actively network discussions and solutions.
- We are looking for at least 7 years of Network Operations and/or engineering/design background
- We wish to see a strong background in Cisco or Arista routing/switching and firewall configuration
- We want you to have experienced in leading sophisticated network projects
- We would like for you to be a self-starter, self-motivated, self-directed, self-sufficient
- We are seeking experience in large scale networks
- Understanding and experience with CLOS networking and SDN is a plus
- Strong understanding of BGP and TCP/IP
- Strong troubleshooting skills and understanding of following
- Unix/Linux skills preferred
- Ability to code in Python is a must
- Ability to code in C or other languages is a plus
- Understanding of Puppet for config management is a plus
As a member of the Operations team within Global Network Services - Data Center, you will have to work with many cross-functional partners provide Tier 3 Operations support and provide solutions for complex projects. At times, you will need to develop the solution, test it, and implement it on production network. You will also work as the escalation point for Tier 1 and Tier 2 Network Operations team. You will need to be proficient in networking technologies from Layer1 through Layer 7. Your focus will be on proactive work that helps and improves reliability of the network operations.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.