Sr. Data Scientist, Product Quality, Human Evaluations - Apple Media Products
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about analyzing data patterns for large scale search engines? The Apple Media Products (AMP) Engineering team is one of the most exciting examples of Apple’s long-held passion for combining art and technology! These are the people who power the App Store, Apple TV, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Books. As a Sr Data Scientist you will be a product specialist and analyze a diverse portfolio of AMP human evaluations tasks. We represent user’s perspective as we vet new features being introduced to AMP. Our day-to-day responsibilities will include analyzing and crafting innovative ideas to help improve AMP search and recommendations features, and reporting detailed issues to leadership, engineering, and product teams. If you have deep understanding of software development for machine-learned products and services, and how analytics and human evaluation data can help improve those products, this is the role for you! On this team you will work with leadership to build a strategy that allows us to use our data to build automatic feedback loops that improves AMP products. Here we own and promote best practices for product analysis, measurement, and instrumentation. Lead human evaluation design and management exercises.
- At least 5 years proven experience in related field.
- Experience working with systems and products that are powered by machine-learned models and an understanding of natural language or speech-enabled products.
- A demonstrated passion for data analysis, data-informed product innovation, building and shaping data culture
- Proven experience with at least one data-querying language (SQL and/or Spark, etc.) as well as with a scripting language for data processing and development (e.g., Python, R, or Scala)
- You use good judgment balancing art and science when visually presenting information (e.g. Tableau, Superset, GGplot, D3).
- Capable of driving projects of varying sizes and scopes - some will take months and some weeks — and you will need to know when to dive deep.
- Ability to lead complex relationships across multiple functions and establish positive relationships. Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- Self-sufficient in analyzing and drawing conclusions about the quality and product opportunity from raw and refined product data.
- Good product sense, with the ability to translate between product goals, business goals and technical requirements for data analytics.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Innate capability to, directly and indirectly, lead large teams for success.
- Lead the product vision and project execution for offline evaluations for Apple Music through Search, Recommendations, and Siri - Partner with Product teams to define KPIs and build dashboards to monitor the performance of our AMP products. Define the instrumentation required for yielding sufficient data - Foster an industry-leading privacy-focused strategy for product measurement, evaluation, and analytics for Apple Music - Evaluate and improve the quality of KPIs for key products by analyzing customer pain points. Empower others to understand and leverage data for decision making - Ensure the measurement of new features are designed and instrumented in every release cycle. Productize dashboards that help product teams to improve Search & Recommendations every day - Keep teams focused on the right priorities to meet deadlines; clearly, communicate project progress to leads and executive team. As a Sr Data Scientist will also mentor other Data Scientists, and help them to develop their projects
Education & Experience