Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine you are in a team providing critical services to other team rely upon to build great products, services, which leads to outstanding customer experiences. Apple ETS Tech Ops group is seeking an outstanding Splunk Engineer who will ensure keep pushing the limit of Splunk to solve challenges requirements with app teams. As a solution provider, you will interact with many internal teams in different fields and subject areas. You will be involved in many large scale strategic projects and apply your knowledge and experience in Splunk and data science to make projects successful.
- Experiences with Splunk Apps development and management
- In-depth knowledge on Splunk search processing language (SPL) and visualization
- Experiences in building solutions with Splunk MLTK
- Good fundamentals on data modeling and machine learning algorithms
- Experience with cloud-based services and implementations, such as AWS
- Strong background on bash, python, and Java development
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Great teammate who is able to work/coordinate with multiple teams
- 3+demonstrated abilities in Splunk developing / supporting roles
- 5+ demonstrated abilities in software development / IT operations
Drive approach to continually improving service levels Consistent track record of solving problems and resolving issues Lead on building Splunk apps and add-ons in large scale environment Engage in end-to-end onboarding and promote Splunk standard methodologies Assist application teams on exploring business use cases and Splunk solutions for operation efficiency Provide Splunk training, use cases demos, troubleshooting, road maps communications Integrate Splunk with AWS Se, in-house cloud storage system. Increase Splunk data storage requirement on-demand. Build data transfer mechanism between Splunk and AWS S3 system. Make Splunk data be highly available and accessible from different Splunk implementation. Develop common logging framework and standardize logging format to improve operation efficiency. Architect Splunk cloud infrastructure in AWS. Provide dynamic scaling of Splunk on AWS for more cost-effective implementation. Build extensive generic operational monitoring framework for the growing hybrid (on-prem + cloud) Splunk infrastructure.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science / MIS or equivalent field or equivalent job experience