Database Engineer (Seattle OR Austin)
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about building high performance, high scalability and availability database systems that support Apple’s growth today and into the future? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, please read ahead Data Services Team is looking for a hardworking Database Engineer with over 5 years of increasing experience for its Austin/Seattle office. The Database Engineer will engineer solutions for multiple database technologies (Oracle/Mongo/Redis), and will be in charge of fast-paced, sophisticated distributed database environments supporting OLTP systems across multiple platforms. A strong candidate will be able to rapidly tackle complex technical problems in high pressure situations, implement solutions that are massively scalable, while leading multiple customer groups. Deep knowledge of database concepts, strong administration experience and excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
- 7+ years of experience working as a DBA or Database Engineer with oracle/mongo/redis/neo4j
- Deep knowledge of database architecture, database modeling, high availability, data storage with enterprise management processes.
- Experience in data replication and intimate knowledge on the intricacies of data replication using Oracle Golden Gate
- Strong attention to detail and great analytical, data driven approach to debugging of database platforms
- Strong and thoughtful engineering with Python, Java, and/or Go
- Approach automation with "Build it once, fix it everywhere" thought process.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP
- Experience with containerization technology like kubernettes with respect to database technology is a plus.
- Fundamental knowledge of hardware components and their impact on database technologies - storage,controllers, network interfaces, CPU and memory.
Dataservices team engineer highly scalable, available and resilient database infrastructure that empower Apple's critical services. The role requires excellent communication skills, work with cross functional teams and strong customer focus. Ideal candidate should be able to provide thought leadership on database technologies and strive to improve efficiency through relentless and high-quality automation. Work closely with Internal Infra teams on infra strategies, operational readiness, engineering standards and designs.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Nice to have:
- Python Programming
- Experience in deploying Veridata
- AWS / GCP experience (2+ years)