Software Engineer, Ad Platforms Engineering
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, we work to build products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and forward-thinking content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy! In this role you will develop and design how Ad Platforms makes use of our core services and integrations for enabling the Ad Platforms sales organization. We are looking for someone with strong experience in delivering new technologies and platforms in a services-oriented architecture. In addition, this person must have a proven track record to collaborate effectively with internal and external partners, including technologists, product managers, engineers, and senior leadership.
- 5+ years of experience in various service integration patterns via REST, SOAP based Webservices
- 5+ years experience with Java/related technology and relational databases, data modeling, and ETL tools
- Cloud based software experience preferred
- Proven understanding and experience with complex business systems integration
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- A desire to work within a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based support environment
- On-call rotation for production support is associated with this position
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Meet with internal partners to determine business, functional and technical requirements and participate in application design, configuration, testing and deployment - Perform integration with Salesforce platforms - Participate in efforts to develop and implement testing, training and documentation - Hands on programming, along with other members of the team - Mentoring of junior team members around code style, requirements, and delivery - Interact with Ad Platform Senior Management for prioritization, scoping and planning exercises - Provide technical assistance and end user troubleshooting support for bug fixes, enhancements, and “how-to” assistance
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, Master's Degree in Computer Science or other Engineering field strongly desired.