DevOps Engineering Lead - Apple Corporate Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a passionate DevOps engineer? Would you like to work to solve large scale problems? Come join us to help build best in class CI/CD platform and in implementation of complex software applications across Corporate Systems Engineering at Apple. Our DevOps engineering team develops and deploy software which ensures that Apple’s corporate applications are delivered accurately, reliably and with speed. We support both open source and home-grown technologies to provide internal Apple developers with the best possible CI/CD platform. In this role you will have the unique opportunity to own and improve tooling for best of the class large-scale CI/CD platform and help build modern software systems. The DevOps engineering team is part of the engineering operations team for corporate systems. This team is directly responsible to build, manage and expand CI/CD platform and enabling software releases in a fast paced enterprise environment! We operate in on-premise, private, and public cloud (e.g. AWS) environments. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be partnering closely software development teams and infrastructure teams. And, be responsible for building and supporting CI/CD platforms, environment buildout of infrastructure stack, software build and releases, automation solutions, installing and configuring application software, and upkeep of systems through patching, upgrades, monitoring, and maintenance support.
- Experience designing and working with modern Continuous integration and deployment solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps/SRE, systems engineering, build/release/deployment automation, etc.
- Experience with hosted services in a high-volume enterprise environment
- Implementing applications in private/public cloud infrastructure and container technologies, like Kubernetes and Docker.
- Outstanding analytical and troubleshooting skills in complex Unix/Linux systems environment and applications implementations.
- Hands-on expertise in DevOps / CI-CD tools, like Jenkins, Maven, Git, Nexus, etc.
- Experience with configuration management, orchestration, automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet and Salt.
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes.
- Excellent understanding of microservices architecture.
- Develop full-fledged software tooling to deliver programmable infrastructure & environments (infrastructure as code).
- Demonstrated ability to write programs using a high-level programming languages or scripting, such Java, Ruby, Python, Shell, Perl, PHP, etc.
- Proven experience in software build and delivery in Java, NodeJS, Angular and other software technologies.
- Experience with logging infrastructure and using tools such as Splunk, Logstash, or Kibana.
- Experience with networking load balancers such as Ngnix, Netscaler, HAProxy.
- Public cloud (AWS, GCP, etc.) experience in DevOps, migrations, scaling, operations, etc.
- Background building distributed, server-based infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions in a mission critical environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work on small, focused teams to complete critical milestones under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Independently driven, proactive, accountable, reliable, team player.
- Drive to take initiative and own issues; Planning and coordination in a multi-project environment.
- Experience in Kafka, MongoDB, Cassandra and Oracle is highly desirable.
Working in DevOps engineering team will expose varieties of challenges! Our team provides CI/CD platform for large numbers of Applications by building, tuning and supporting highly available system. You will be working closely with U.S. and India based teams and in a multi-vendor resourcing model. As member of this team you will be empowered to work across multiple tools to improve and expand the capabilities. This may include: - Design and implement new software to streamline manual operations - Triage production issues along with other operational team members - Conduct root cause analysis of critical issues - Expand the capacity and performance of the system - Maintain primarily Linux and other types of systems The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, hands-on, dynamic and detail oriented individual with a strong technical background.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s and/or Masters in Computer Science with 5+ years relevant work experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.