Systems Robotics QA Engineer (Display/TV)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you looking for a great opportunity to work on a dynamic team that is passionate about delivering quality display compatibility experience on some of the world’s most creative consumer electronic products? Do you love the challenge of solving complex problems that can have a direct impact on the success of the company? We are the Display/TV SQA Team, and we are searching for a highly motivated, upbeat, and experienced test engineer with a background in hardware quality/automation, test planning/prioritization and delivering quality products to the market. You'll enjoy working collaboratively with our engineering partners to improve our software and hardware. Be a part of a diverse team of test engineers using creativity and flexibility to qualify features on our products that our customers love to use! You can help inspire change, by using your skills to influence the future of our products. You'll be challenged to make our products more reliable, more intuitive and easy to use. This position is focused around identifying and building automation solutions for display interoperability testing with Apple products such as Mac, iPhone/iPad and Apple TV. It requires strong technical ownership and attention to detail. Ideally, you should have experience working with consumer-facing products, identifying automation requirements and solutions, and the ability to build mechanical systems with sensors/actuators.
- 3+ years experience in a quality assurance/engineering organization
- Solid Software or Hardware QA skills
- Knowledge of MacOS, iOS, Linux and/or equivalents.
- Experience authoring/executing test plans and leading sophisticated projects on schedule.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and influence other teams and groups.
- Ability to identify, reproduce, and isolate bugs and drive the issues to completion.
- Design and execute tests to ensure an outstanding customer experience with Apple products. - Work with cross-functional teams to drive resolution of bugs. - Build mechanical or robotic automated test systems, incorporating sensors and actuators to work with Apple products.
Education & Experience
BS Mechatronics/CE/ECE/EECS/ME or equivalent (MS preferred)
- Nice to have:
- - Technical knowledge of I/O technologies including graphic interfaces (HDMI, DP, Thunderbolt, etc.), GPU, and wireless.
- - Experience creating and using robotics/mechatronics to build automated solutions.
- - Experience working with a wide range of sensors and actuators, and building circuits/systems that interface with them.
- - Experience developing and executing testing using computer vision and machine learning.
- - Experience testing consumer devices with graphics interfaces
- - Experience with test automation frameworks and languages (Python, C++, Selenium, etc.)