Senior Software Engineer, People Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just craft products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The People Team enables Apple’s employees around the globe to their best work. Imagine what you could do as a part of our team to bring applications that are key to the day-to-day lives and jobs of our people. The People Data Team is looking for a Sr. Drupal/Symfony software application engineer developing tools to support Apple’s people globally. This role can be virtual or on site (Austin, TX or Cupertino, CA).
- Knowledgable in integration of applications and authentication including Oauth, SAML, and single-sign-on methodologies
- Proven experience utilizing frameworks like Symfony and Drupal to provide extract-transform-load operations with a variety of data sources
- Critical analysis skills to design, validate, and execute (code & database) applications for a variety of business needs in the global enterprise
- Experience designing and implementing systems that scale across multiple locations and respond to peak utilization
- Experience with distributed version control systems (i.e. Git)
- Skilled at optimizing SQL queries to enhance site performance
- Knowledge of container systems for deployment and local development
- Experience maintaining configuration and deployments across a multi-environment architecture
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (ie. Redis etc.)
- Experience building and maintaining applications from concept through day-to-day operations
- Excellent communication skills with business and development teams
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.