Content Platform Engineer
Culver City, California, United States
The Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for an AR/VR Software Development Engineer to help us push the limits on the next generation of interactive experiences on our platform. This team is working with some of Apple’s most advanced technologies including augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) offered in ARKit and Metal 2. As a member of our creative organization, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every single day.
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C++
- Proficient in mathematics for 3D games (linear algebra)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Apple makes the newest technologies accessible to create amazing user experiences. You will have the opportunity to develop prototypes at the state-of-the-art of technology in close collaboration with a creative team of engineers, artists and designers. The candidate for this role will be comfortable working in a dynamic and creative environment. Engineers are expected to work quickly and smartly to help determine the viability of ideas and technologies. You will need a keen understanding of 3D engines and pipelines and an ambition to improve, innovate and explore these technologies to enable creatives to surprise and delight our users.
Education & Experience
At least 3 years of relevant industry experience BS/MS in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
- iOS CPU/GPU architecture
- Proficient in at least one of the major graphics APIs (Metal, OpenGL, DirectX, Consoles, etc)
- Experience writing optimized code using e.g. profiling tools, assembly, SIMD, compute, etc
- Familiarity with macOS and Unix