Managing Producer, Social
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We lead all of Apple’s advertising and marketing efforts to ensure the considered development and execution of world-class communications. The Social team is responsible for developing high-level strategy, planning, creative concepting and overall execution of social initiatives in collaboration with our Brand and Advertising Teams. They partner with multiple functional disciplines across product launches and campaign projects throughout the year, in addition to directly contributing to and managing Apple’s owned social channels. This requires close collaboration with groups internal and external to Marcom. They are essential to leading a productive relationship between Marcom and Apple’s advertising agency partners, including our primary creative agency Media Arts Lab (MAL). The role liaises with many different groups including: Finance, Legal, Product Marketing, Services, Retail and PR. They also maintain strong relationships with partners around the world at Apple’s and MAL’s network offices. As such, developing and fostering healthy, productive, professional partnerships is an essential requirement of every member of the team. The Social Managing Producer is responsible for driving all initiatives on the social team in partnership with agency partners and internal teams, ensuring best-in-class social is developed across our organic channels and campaigns.
- You have at least 10 years of marketing experience working for global brands with an emphasis on integrated communications.
- You have measurable experience in marketing and development of social communications across all channels and platforms, and you are proficient in the latest social platforms and technology.
- Proven ability to manage Executive partners.
- Proven agency management experience to drive agency evolution/ transformation.
- Ability to lead teams, nurture talent and influence adjacent teams.
- Proven global brand building experience, including direct involvement with award-winning creative work.
- You can effectively communicate high-level concepts and overall business direction in one-on- one settings as well as large groups.
- You are a strategic thinker, comfortable navigating and ensuring alignment with brand and social content strategy.
- You can manage projects across multiple platforms, working closely with all partners and building trust within teams.
- You can organize information quickly and summarize it succinctly within a specified deadline to move the project forward.
- You are dedicated, highly organized, and love the challenge of meeting deadlines and driving deliverables.
- You have the ability to inventively problem solve and organize information at a high level to address potential roadblocks and define the best way forward with rigorous attention to detail.
- You understand social, digital and video asset creation and approval cycles.
- You have extraordinary communication and negotiation skills and are at ease building rapport, credibility and influence with multiple partners working in a dynamic, highly matrix’d organization.
- You are reciprocal and understand the success that comes from building positive relationships with colleagues and business partners.
- You thrive working in a fast-paced, creatively driven organization, and applying strong work ethic.
- Your project and time management skills are excellent; you learn fast, and can accommodate rapid change reacting quickly to new information.
- You are a passionate Apple user who is familiar with Apple applications, including Mail, Numbers, Keynote, Pages, and Calendar.
Oversee creative development for all social initiatives, integration across Marcom owned channels, production and implementation of all social campaigns globally, integrate with other Marcom teams to support key initiatives. Prioritize and align teams on a regular cadence, securing integration across functions, partnering and leading the set up and facilitation of status meetings, and tracking action items throughout. Facilitate all connection points in business launch moments including internal and agency scope, war room arrangement and materials. Wrangle and coordinate all necessary details ensuring that key stakeholders are kept in close collaboration. Partner with Marcom and external agency leadership to integrate organic social across Marcom deliverables. Manage the relationship with our external agency partners across @apple, YouTube and social campaign extensions. Facilitate the strategic development of all social briefs with Marcom and agency Planning teams. Own social creative development process end to end for all organic social efforts. Own the editorial production budget. Drive communications within the Marcom team and with outside agencies to maintain creative development schedules, presentations, approval processes, legal considerations and budget management procedures to create a smooth workflow. Oversee confidential launch initiatives to ensure security and secrecy is maintained through the duration of the project. Lead a team of Social producers across all channel and social initiatives. Take a leadership role in company’s overall Social presence.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.