Senior Software Engineer - Apple Cloud Product Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
There are job opportunities, and then there are career-defining moments. This might be yours. We are forming a brand-new engineering team within the Apple Cloud organization. You will join a fast-paced and high-growth team, where you will have direct impact on the results. You will help build the team's culture, and participate in defining the technology and engineering practices. You will not only be building mission-critical services for iOS and macOS platforms for billions of users, but have access to technologies and tools that you can only find at Apple. We’d love to hear from you!
- - Ability to plan and execute projects; starting with designing data models and storage, determining data flows between systems, defining APIs, identifying the correct caching strategy, and then developing, deploying and optimizing reliable, scalable and maintainable services, micro-services and async jobs.
- - Solid understanding of fundamental Computer Science concepts
- - Deep understanding of realtime and multi-thread programming concepts.
- - Experience crafting, developing and maintaining high-performance distributed systems.
- - 3+ years of experience building high-scale Java services
- - Experience in NoSQL databases like Cassandra is a plus.
- - Passion for quality and attention to detail.
- - Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
Our team is in charge of iCloud subscriptions, which means we have a direct impact on Apple's revenue. This brings great visibility to our work. We know our product is great, but we also believe we can make it even better. We need your engineering skills as well as your product ideas to define and build the next generation of features that your friends and family are going to use. You will get to collaborate with many engineering teams across Apple, therefore good communication and relationship-building skills are crucial to your success. Having an inquisitive mind and asking questions will help you not only achieve immediate results, but also inspire new ideas for your next killer feature. At Apple Cloud, we're very invested in your personal growth. We will work with you to define your career goals and help you get closer to them with mentorship, training and education. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Education & Experience
BS or MS or Ph.d in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience