HID, Signal Processing Algorithm Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Join the engineering team creating next-generation touch interfaces for iPad, Pencil, iPhone, Watch and more. We are an eclectic group with backgrounds in signal processing, computer science, estimation algorithms, human factors, and more, dedicated to inventing new ways of interacting with Apple products and shipping amazing products every year. We are looking for a signal processing or imaging engineer with a strong C/C++ implementation skill. Your good communication skills, and ability to drive discussions with cross-functional teams would come in very handy. Have you gained any experience with user interface design or graphics programming skills as well? That’s great! It will further help broaden your role and effectiveness in this position. To summarize, you will be working on innovative projects and will be responsible for productizing algorithmic solutions, and you will be part of the team shipping products to millions of users every year.
- C/C++ coding and a mathematical modeling language (e.g. Matlab/python)
- Solid understanding of (and willing to learn as necessary) topics like signal processing, linear algebra, statistics, machine learning, adaptive filters etc.
- User studies and data analysis (a plus)
- User interface design, graphics programming, or linguistic modeling (a plus)
Core Responsibilities: This is a key position at a focal point for HW/SW/UI integration. Starting from early in the product lifecycle, this engineer will analyze HW issues for user impact and potential mitigations, modify and tune current algorithms for new form factors, design and implement new user facing features, as well as provide critical support during production phase.
Education & Experience
BS in CS/CE/EECS/Math; MS or PhD is preferred.
- Investigating new technologies, prototyping concepts, evaluating user impact, and delivering products
- Data collection and analysis
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace