Cellular SW Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. As a Software EPM, you will get a front row seat to deliver the best home experience to our users. You will need experience with software development fundamentals, proven leadership capabilities, excellent communication skills, and a desire to work with an amazing engineering team to develop ground-breaking initiatives in the home space. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products?
- At least 3+ years of program management experience in wireless software, system and platform's development.
- Good Understanding of cellular communications technologies (5G-NR/4G LTE/ UMTS/GSM/CDMA) is a significant plus.
- Driving multi-functional efforts across major technical fields: SW, HW, Silicon, and QA.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills to engineers, managers, and execs.
- Identifying risks, developing mitigation strategies, and facilitating resolutions.
- Sound technical foundation and a highly motivated self-starter.
- Knowledge of software engineering standard methodologies and related dependencies.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to inspire team members.
- Able to relocate to Cupertino CA or San Diego CA
We are looking for someone to drive, own, and ship all aspects of large, multi-functional efforts and feature areas. Partner with engineering teams throughout feature development from architecture, design, implementation, and validation both in pre and Post Silicon phases. Proactively identify, prioritize, and drive resolution to program issues. Present and communicate new feature initiatives, top issues, risks, critical achievements to executive leadership. Help the team with ongoing improvements to the program management processes. Collaborate with cross functional SW and HW Engineering and Quality teams.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent