Senior Designer, Motion, Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Apple Media Products (AMP) team is an exciting environment and a fast-paced development organization! With customers in 155 countries, we are a thriving marketplace for music, movies, TV shows, books - and, of course, apps! We are responsible for concepting and production of motion graphics and video content. We work closely with all of Apple’s product design and content teams to ensure the highest standards of development and execution of elite video. We are looking for an extraordinary visual motion designer to join our team. You will be focused on crafting and leading ideas through the video creative and execution process from concept to completion. You have a passion for storytelling, design, media and technology. This role requires collaborative leadership working cross-functionally on a range of deliverables across product, content, experiential and communication platforms while collaborating with and empowering in-house and 3rd party teams to deliver compelling original content. You'll own leading the development of— as well as creating—animated and branded motion graphics content primarily for Apple Arcade. There is also a possibility of development work across other Apple media services.
- Expert storyteller with a command of visual, communication and motion design principles, including composition, framing, alignment, lighting and timing
- Understanding of what makes motion graphics content engaging and successful across channels and audiences
- Passion for graphic design, brand identity, typography, photography, illustration and motion— keeping up with trends across all
- A conceptual thinker and problem solver who is wildly creative and also obsessively meticulous
- Proven proficiency in Adobe Creative and ability to prototype visual design work in-situation to present concepts, brief creative partners, or for final delivery
- Experienced in 2D and 3D design + motion ideation, character design/development, compositing, tracking and special effects, storyboarding, shooting and post, and all related production workflows
- Advanced understanding of and/or proficient in: Final Cut Pro, Avid, Premiere, After Effects, Cinema 4D, Maya and a diverse range of motion design software, plug-ins, techniques and approaches
- A keen awareness of visual trends associated with the entertainment, gaming & culture
- A keen ability to create work under minimal supervision as well as package and presenting creative solutions in an inspiring manner
- Clear and concise communicator displaying strong organization and collaboration skills
- Experience delivering end-to-end design across media types, screens, formats and technologies
The position calls for you to be a self-starter who has demonstrated experience in managing work streams, leading conceptual development from creative teams, developing creative both independently and alongside cross-functional teams, and executing against a variety of creative and strategic business briefs and marketing channels. In this role there is a combination of overseeing the creative as well as hand-on creating. You will work closely with our team’s Lead Motion Designer and Creative Director, creative producers, as well as cross functional producers to design, create and maintain Apple’s content across Arcade and other in-product experiences. This role is based in Cupertino, CA.
Education & Experience
Bachelors/equivalent experience preferred
- Talent in delivering strong creative ideas across multiple media formats, 7+years relevant design experience; plus for time spent at top design/advertising firms, motion graphics houses or production companies. Fluency in Apple products services (Arcade, App Store, Podcasts, iBooks, News, TV, Music, etc). Love for the Apple brand and relentless in preserving its authenticity.