Engineering Project Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Hardware test engineering team is looking for an NPI (New product introduction) project specialist with experience on hardware and custom fixtures procurement. Solid background on business negotiations, BOM (bill of materials) and contract manufacturing interactions. Strong analytical capabilities, highly organized and independently motivated, a resourceful individual with the ability to prioritize and excel in a fast paced environment. A successful candidate must be a high-energy tactical execution expert and a team player, with a friendly can-do attitude.
- Create Purchase Requisitions, maintain invoice tracking and Goods Receipts
- Understanding of basic BOM components (preferably for hardware products)
- Manage logistics of parts for builds, organizing and maintaining the data
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with overseas vendors
- Detail oriented accuracy and multitasking abilities
- Team player who can work collaboratively to get things done
- Independent self-starter who can manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Support NPI test equipment and fixture purchasing for multiple projects, including budget tracking, forecast and implementation of finance policies. - Oversee purchase requests insuring that justifications are cogent and thoroughly vetted. Follow approvals to ensure deadlines. - Serve as the key point of contact for requesters, business operations, procurement, finance and others to troubleshoot and resolve purchase order issues. - Coordinate BOMs (bill of materials ) readiness, purchase cycle order tracking and ETA’s, solve custom issues ensuring procurement cycle is completed. - Support invoice preparation for goods receipt and documentation for quarterly audits. - Work with accounts payable and finance to resolve invoice and credit processing issues. - Support quote request to suppliers including price verification, approval and tracking. Oversee purchase requests insuring that justifications are cogent and thoroughly vetted.
Education & Experience
- Requires BS degree, plus at least 2 years related NPI procurement experience or equivalent. - Proficient in MS Excel or other data base platforms. - SAP experience a plus.