Process Improvement Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! As part of AppleCare Strategic Quality, the Process Improvement manager leads a team that works to implement process improvements within the global support organization. Process improvement ensures our business processes, systems and procedures accomplish the right things for our customers and for Apple. We strive to create processes that are efficient, achievable, consistent and complete. You are a detail oriented, highly organized person with a consistent track record of identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives. The role requires a high degree of cross-functional global interaction demanding excellent communication skills. You have strong analytical, project management, communication, influencing and leadership skills to handle a variety of activities and complexities spanning the organization. Candidates must be willing to work at both a very tactical and strategic level. The ideal candidate is an individual who is proactive, driven, and loves a fast-paced and at times ambiguous environment with the goal of helping to improve the Customer and Advisor experience. We’re looking for an innovator, a deep problem solver, a relationship builder, a superb communicator, and someone who works comfortably within the details without losing sight of the larger strategy we’re driving. If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk with you!
- Deep understanding of the impact of quality, compliance and processes on successful performance
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with proven track record of effective root cause analysis; skillful at using data and analysis to make decisions and influence others
- Adept at understanding, compiling and improving established policies and procedures through collaboration with support teams
- Commitment to identifying and implementing innovative ideas to improve processes and performance.
- Skilled at relationship building and influencing decision making
- Proven creative problem solving history
- Proficiency in process mapping techniques and tools; Lean, Six Sigma a plus
- Self-motivated and driven; comfortable working in a global, matrixed and fast-paced environment
- Forward thinking; able to see beyond the current state, identify risks/opportunities and drive their teams toward the desired objective
- Shown expertise in building, developing, and managing highly effective process improvement teams
Communicate regularly to align direction from senior management and help team set vision and goals in a very fast-paced environment. Provide day-to-day leadership to the team to help prioritize work, remove obstacles and empower the team for delivery. Define what excellence looks like for your team and measure against that goal. You will also: - Provide subject matter expertise in process improvement - Collaborate with business partners and regional counterparts to define and implement process improvement initiatives and to drive partnerships and trust. - Manage and balance resource allocation to set the team up for success. - Triage and filter new opportunities using data analysis and Lean Six Sigma methodology - Analyze reports to identify potential systemic issues and summarize impact of uncovered opportunities - Research process & recommend best practices to satisfy business needs; analyze the root cause and provide solutions - Take the lead on selecting an approach to managing issues, risks and requirements while ensuring all stakeholders are in agreement on project scope - Support administrative tasks such as creating readouts, maintaining trackers and publish weekly / monthly metrics reports - Provide timely and accurate updates on projects and activities as required by the business and leadership as well as present strategy and status to senior management - Collaborate with cross functional teams to design the right future-proofed solution to satisfy the business needs.
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalent experience