Database Engineer, Apple Pay
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Pay Engineering is looking for a passionate NoSQL Engineer to help lead and grow our large scale environments in Cloud. This team is responsible for providing new architectures and scalability solutions for our ever growing business and data processing needs in Cloud. Do you like the idea of running critical financial services that are used by millions of passionate people all over the world? Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you want to help change how the world uses their wallet and money? If you love to solve internet scale challenges on critical financial systems then this is the right job for you. As an engineer here, you will work on building data services that operate at a massive scale and are responsible for routing large amount of financial data.
- 4 - 7 years of software engineering experience.
- Experience working with the databases in the public cloud, specifically AWS.
- Ability to configure and tune Cassandra,ElasticSearch,Redis,Kafka and Zookeeper clusters.
- Experience automating routine DBA tasks, CI/CD Pipeline.
- Experience with GitHub, Ansible, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Python,Docker.
- Experience implementing HA/DR/Maintenance/Backup strategies in complex systems.
- Experience developing monitoring and automation solutions for production systems in the cloud.
- Collaborate in the evaluation, selection and platform design of emerging database technologies with concentration in the NoSQL and cloud spaces.
- Experience in database automation using Python, Chef, Ansible.
- Good understanding of Chef.
- Self-directed fast learner who is generous with their knowledge.
- Strong skills with Linux operating systems running in production.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results.
This position requires a highly motivated individual who likes large scale challenges in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate has the ability to think out of the box and come up with innovative solutions or architectures to meet business requirements in the cloud. This role requires the ability to work independently on live production systems while collaborating with multiple teams. This will require managing large scale data, automation, and replication as a service across different data stores and apps for Apple's critical global financial services.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent