Senior Software QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
- Expertise in an Java Programming for Automation
- Ability to develop tests and frameworks; preferably in Java
- Experience grey box testing Client-Server products
- Shown knowledge of internet protocols, web proxies, caching and other web related fundamentals
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Dedication to user-focused design & high quality technology
- Strong dedication to technical quality assurance as a key part of the software development cycle
- Willingness to work multi-functionally with other teams to make all products and deployments flawless for our customers
- Proven track record to read, write and troubleshoot automation frameworks that test REST APIs and backend Client libraries
- Automated functional testing experience.
- Participated in full lifecycle development on large projects.
- Experience with execution and reporting of both manual and automated test scripts.
- Knowledge of programming concepts and practices.
- Ability to work closely with developers and enable them to produce the best application possible.
- Ability to determine estimates of effort and impacts for a variety of solutions.
- Expectations include a high level of initiative and a strong dedication to job knowledge, efficiency, and attention to detail.
- Required Skills:
- Rio / Jenkins
The Apple Media Products team is looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to test recommendations for Apple Books and other Apple Media Products. This individual will be working to help deliver high quality applications for our customers. They will be responsible for the definition, implementation, and execution of functional, regression, and acceptance testing on highly iterative and collaborative projects. Day-to-day work involves bug reporting and isolation, test plan documentation, writing test case automation, and working closely with other teams. This position demands an ambitious individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment. In addition, this role will be responsible for being the primary liaison between cross functional Quality teams and Project Management.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree or 5 years relevant work experience
- 5 years gray box QA Experience performing code reviews Acquaintance with continuous integration/deployment
- Experience testing RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Lucene/Solr Experience