AI/ML - Computational Linguist, Siri Understanding
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
As a linguist, you will analyze and improve our linguistic resources and processes to support projects related to natural language processing, such as dictionaries for speech recognition and synthesis, text normalization, part of speech tagging, tokenization, lemmatization, inflection, transliteration and information extraction. The team is responsible for crafting tasks and methods for collecting and evaluating natural language data, and builds guidelines for natural language projects. Do you have a broad knowledge of, and experience in, natural language understanding, phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax or any combination thereof? And do you possess multilingual expertise? Join our Linguists team!
- Interest and experience in various areas of linguistics, in particular phonetics, phonology, morphology and syntax. Other fields such semantics and corpus linguistics are also nice to have.
- One year or more validated experience in speech recognition, speech synthesis, morphosyntactic natural language processing or other fields of computational linguistics.
- Experience with basic programming techniques and familiarity with a mainstream programming language (Python, Java, C/C++) or scripting (bash, awk).
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
*Analyze and improve linguistic resources, such as dictionaries for speech recognition and speech synthesis. *Design tasks and methods for collecting and evaluating annotated, natural language data. *Build guidelines and set standards for phonetic, phonological, morphological, syntactic and semantic projects. *Provide linguistic and operational mentorship and support to language teams. *Contribute to natural language processing tasks assigned to language teams. *Identify errors and regressions and propose solutions to improve accuracy. *Build and develop tooling for linguistic analysis. *Identify needs for linguistic data, corpora and tools.
Education & Experience
Masters degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Language Technologies, or related field.