Senior Software Engineer - Tools/Automation
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate software engineer? Would you like to work with a team that supports Enterprise Systems in an IT environment? We are seeking an energetic and self-driven software engineer who will play a central role in the delivery of secure scalable services. As a member of our fast-paced group, you will be responsible for designing and developing with cutting-edge technologies that drive innovation. You’ll be responsible for implementing scalable, reliable, and secure software for internal platforms that support the work of all engineering teams. In this highly-versatile, you will be part of an exciting, talented team working on developing software that will be widely adopted. In this role you will be required to work in highly collaborative environment, communicate to end users to continuously improve the user experience, and collaborate with peers to improve quality of our products
- 4+ years experience building services or cloud software
- Ability to communicate effectively, and work collaboratively, with the team and internal/external organizations.
- Strong experience in Golang is critical. Moderate experience in Ruby and Python is a plus.
- Building optimal performing APIs In Golang.
- Excellent understanding of containers, deployment systems, and container management platforms, preferably Kubernetes.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to deliver and challenge the status quo.
- Extensive knowledge of software design paradigms in large-scale environments and distributed systems.
- Understand Unix system internals, client/server protocols, and data storage systems in a cloud environment.
We are looking for a professional engineer, who loves getting their hands dirty in code, while designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large enterprise systems deployment! This is an opportunity to join an agile team to create high-quality services that inspire other teams. It will require a deep knowledge of micro-services architecture as well as container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes. To be successful in this role, you will need to excel at working together with internal partners and customers to collaboratively build the right application/solution to improve efficiency and drive automation. You must have the skill to perform code reviews for PRs, manage protected branches, and manage GitHub organizations and users. Develop tools and modern web portals to support an Enterprise platform.
Education & Experience
BS or MS Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- - K8s, Docker, OpenStack
- - Unix, SQL and NOSQL Database(s)
- - Ci/cd
- - Kafka
- - DevOps tools such as Puppet
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.