Engineering Program Manager - Packaging
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? At Apple we believe our products begin with our people. We have a diverse and smart team that drives creative thought. By giving the team the resources they need to be leaders in innovation, we are also successful at driving precision. Through our collaborative process we create memorable experiences for our customers. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of an Engineering Project Management Team that sets the standard in cultivating excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? Apple packaging is a world-class team thriving in conducting a memorable and delightful introduction to an amazing array of Apple products. As a Packaging Engineering Project Manager you will be responsible for managing development activities, executing builds, coordinate testing and handing off to mass production a high quality first class product.
- You should have at least 8 years of combined experience in project management and mechanical engineering delivering products comprised of multiple materials and high aesthetic quality
- You are comfortable to drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives
- We look up to you to enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process. Redirect pitfalls and develop a better course of action
- Identify and direct all resources required to execute successful projects
- Collaborate and facilitate communication across engineering managers, operations manager, marketing managers and our OEM partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals.
- Lead cross-functional communication between project teams and external vendors
- Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management
- Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management
- Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key partners for decision-making
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Self-motivated and dedicated with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Ability to work in a high-pressure dynamic environment
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Multinational development experiences also a plus.
- Understanding CAD/Mechanical design is nice to have.
For this role we are looking for a Project/Program Manager with a minimum of 5+ years of related packaging/mechanical background. If you were a practicing engineer prior to becoming a project manager, you will add great value to this role. You are an expert of Multi-tasking and dealing with ambiguity. As a packagin EPM, you will be supporting cross functional teams like Operations, Mechanical Engineering, Design and Marketing. You are experienced with portable consumer electronics devices and familiarity with mechanical enclosure parts. For you to thrive in this role, you need to have detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of manufacturing processes.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Engineering is preferred. - MBA and/or PMP certification preferred
- - Mandarin fluency is a bonus.