Marketing Specialist, Worldwide Demand Generation
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Looking for an opportunity to dig into data to identify insights, create stories and lead business performance reviews for a global, dynamic, digital marketing team? Apple’s Retail Commerce team is seeking a seasoned Marketing Strategist to join our global team of digital marketers. The ideal person will be deeply involved with the data generated by marketing programs, internal search and our digital properties. You have the analytics skill to tease groundbreaking insights out of online signals, and the communications skills to deliver a compelling message to a wide range of audiences: senior management, product management, marketing communications, finance, and others. In addition, you will collaborate with cross functional teams across the globe to share vital details related to key strategic projects, as well as formulating a globally aligned perspective on future trends and opportunities for the team. We're growing and urge you to apply. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- 5-8 years experience in e-commerce business, with a strong background in digital marketing.
- Demonstrate familiarity with digital marketing reporting tools such as Omniture, Tableau, and experienced in working with seasoned digital marketing program managers.
- Familiar with industry trends, and able to analyze data from various digital marketing platforms to build insights.
- Experienced working with third party research tools to build hypothesis and business proposals to improve the business. (e.g. Google search trends, Hitwise, Comscore, Mary Meeker, E-Consultancy, Google keyword planner, etc.)
- Advanced expertise in the generation, capture and analysis of visitor data and revenue data.
- Proven ability to extract, conceptualize and communicate the important patterns of business performance from data that identify important business opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver clear and actionable data in person and through reporting tools.
- Understand digital retail events and seasonal trends that impact the industry.
- Passionate about building rapport with cross-functional teams; establishing trust, communicating openly and effectively balancing the needs of partners.
- Able to manage ambiguity and to work independently as well as part of a cohesive, high performing team.
Proactively analyze our data and reports to understand its correlation to macro program/business trends. Build a weekly report sent to Worldwide leads detailing trends across the business and provide key insights into the reasons driving these fluctuations. Required to proactively work cross-functionally with marketing communications, digital content management, merchandising, analysts, retail marketing, and technology teams, to understand performance and cross functional insights. Gather regional requirements and inform strategy for new digital marketing initiatives as needed. Work with the analytics team to optimize dashboard usability and create visualizations that communicate stories and key trends. Visualize data trends in keynote and develop corresponding callouts, visually compelling stories, presentations and proposals aimed at growing the business. Demonstrate a healthy, positive relationship with your own team and cross functional team for smooth execution of projects. Work with worldwide leads across the Demand Generation team, including paid search, performance partners, and SEO, to develop a strategy for testing, executing, and documenting critical initiatives. Proactively spot performance trends/issues during weekly reporting meetings to stimulate discussion/action plans. Analyze key market trends to provide insight to Worldwide leadership during weekly business reviews. Stay on top of industry trends globally, the latest developments in the digital marketing landscape, the latest industry tools and worldwide best practices. Form a POV on opportunity for Apple based on industry developments
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree required