Sr. Payments Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish!
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Chip&Pin technologies (especially EMV L2, Contactless kernels).
- Knowledge of Bank messaging specifications (ISO-8583).
- Knowledge of online PIN protocols (ANSI x9.24 / DUKPT / Master Session).
- PCI compliance and Card security, Software security Standards.
- Java / Objective C / Swift.
- Oracle, MySQL, Cassandra
- HTTP(S), TCP/IP protocols, Bluetooth, REST, SOAP architecture.
- Maven / Gradle build tool and D2P processes.
- Strong communication skills and experience of communication with payment vendors across the globe.
- Knowledge of the methods of performance improvements, multithreading, and event-driven processing is vital.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly and deliver results on time with high quality
- eCommerce / Banking / Retail industry experience
As a Sr Payments Software Engineer on our team, you will help build a next-generation payment platform that will push the boundaries in new markets for Apple Retail. You will also be responsible for integrating payment devices, middleware, and acquirers into our retail solution. You will be working with business partners, store personnel, banking partners, and multi-functional teams within Apple to develop software, controls, and processes for payment processing. In this role, you will get the opportunity to gain experience with global payment solutions in the retail industry. You will increase your expertise in the payment industry with hands-on experience on devices, protocols and processes, and learning from the collective experience of a team of very knowledgeable payment specialists.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.