Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Hardware Test Engineering Team is looking for a Lab Technician with a solid background the electrical and mechanical aspects of automated equipment. They will be responsible for characterization builds, retrofit, and troubleshooting of complex test stations. These stations will consist of a PLC controlling motion stages, robotics, and optical instruments. A successful candidate must be a high-energy tactical execution expert and a team player, with a friendly can-do attitude. Highly organized with strong analytical capabilities and communication skills, independently motivated, a resourceful individual with the ability to prioritize and excel in a fast paced environment.
- REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Familiarity with proper laboratory safety and housekeeping practices
- Excellent communication in English (written and verbal)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Make measurements using calibers micrometers gauge blocks and other metrology tools
- Troubleshoot electrical systems using DMM, Oscilloscope and signal generator
- Conduct mechanical assembly using hand and power tools.
- PREFERRED SKILLS
- CAD: Ability to review designs, pull off critical dimensions, modify drawings, and create solid models and drawings for fabrication.
- Software: Ability to crate and modify software scrips
- PLC: Familiar with operation, setup, and programming
Manage a lab with the following duties: - Station equipment preparation and setup (instruments, cables, fixtures, station SW install, network setup etc...) - Act as laser safety officer and handle all laser safety practices - Organize, audit, and manage a lab equipment assets, HW prototypes, supplies and tools to ensure high productivity for multiple engineering teams - Enforce lab safety and compliance policies - Build characterization stations on optical tables or using 80/20 hardware - Retrofit stations with new hardware and conduct alignment procedures using measuring tools and gauge blocks. - Set up data acquisition systems using a PLC - Work closely on site or remotely with vendor support to retrofit stations and bring up new stations. - Troubleshoot station problems that occur in software, electrical or mechanical systems.
Education & Experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs! We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success! You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.