Mechanical Design EPM
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Are you up for the challenge? Apple’s Instrumentation PD (iPD) group is recruiting Mechanical Engineering Project Managers (ME EPM) with strong leadership skills, communication and project management experience. As an ME EPM within the iPD organization, you will be responsible for managing the development and implementation for one of our Measurement Systems Design teams. In this role you will drive overall program objectives focusing on management of electro- mechanical engineering design, development planning and validation cycles. You will work collaboratively with a creative and diverse team of experienced engineers from all disciplines including instrumentation, core technology, product design and operations teams developing state of the art measurement systems for Apple.
- You have excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
- You’re motivated with the dream and ability to become an integral part of Apple’s talented, highly creative and dynamic engineering team
- You have a keen ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- You are self motivated and dedicated with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- You understand and deal well with rapid development cycles; remain flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- You have detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of manufacturing processes
- You have at least 2-4+ years of combined experience in project management and mechanical engineering delivering complex, high quality products.
- You’re equally comfortable collaborating with Operations, Design, Vendors and Contract Manufacturers
- Preferred Skills:
- Strong English verbal and written communication
- Capable of setting up project schedules and work breakdown structures
- Experienced in electronics manufacturing equipment NPI program management
- Ability to comprehend, communicate and manage complex design and operational tradeoffs
- Strong technical background a plus
- Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives. Enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process. - Redirect pitfalls and develop a better course of action. Identify, direct, and advocate for all resources required to execute successful projects. - Create and maintain project schedules. Collaborate and facilitate communication across teams from engineering, operations and supply chain management, vendors and our CM partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and performance goals. - Management of vendor prototyping schedule and manufacturing plan to intercept development and mass production design maturity goals. - Lead cross-functional communication between project teams and external vendors. Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management. - Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. Possess strong presentation skills. Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key partners for decision making - Requires up to 25% international travel to support equipment design, deployment, and validation at vendor and contract manufacturer sites
Education & Experience
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.