RFIC Design Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this leadership role, you will be responsible for leading a RFIC design engineering organization to specify and develop state-of-the-art wireless silicon for application in Apple’s products.
- At least 10 years of industry experience in RFIC design engineering.
- At least 5 years of engineering management experience, including prior leadership of RFIC design team(s).
- Extensive technical background in one or more of the following:
- Strong wireless systems fundamentals.
- RF transceiver architecture / design (including zero-IF transceivers, low-IF transceivers, polar transmitters or others)
- Radio subsystem design (including PLL’s, RF amplifiers, LNA’s, PA’s, mixers, baseband filters, ADC / DAC or others).
- Experience with RF CMOS circuit design techniques, particularly as applied in deep sub-micron silicon technologies.
- Strong analog circuit design fundamentals, such as OpAmp / OTA design, precision biasing, LDO’s, Oscillators, etc…
- Strong understanding of physical principles such as electromagnetics (particularly as pertains to designing inductors / transformers and understanding parasitic interactions between components) and device physics (particularly as pertains to knowledge of device behavior and modeling methods and strategies supporting the design process).
- Working knowledge of mixed-signal design and verification techniques.
- Familiarity with radio calibration methods for high-performance wireless systems (including for zero-IF transceivers, I/Q imbalance, LO feedthrough, digital pre-distortion or others).
- Working understanding of communications theory and digital communication techniques.
- Working knowledge of wireless standards, such as IEEE 802.11, 802.15, Bluetooth or 3GPP.
- Excellent organizational skills, including experience managing design teams.
- Excellent communications skills – both written and oral.
- Experience with executive communication is a plus.
• Leadership of the RFIC Design Engineering team responsible for development and delivery of new wireless silicon for future Apple products. • Develop innovative RF / Analog architectures, specifications and CMOS RF designs for delivering best-in-class radio performance for custom wireless silicon solutions in advanced-node silicon technologies. • Introduce RF design features with digitally enhanced innovations. • Establish and maintain the RF design, simulation and verification methodologies to ensure first-time success of new silicon designs. • Deliver fully verified RF IP subsystems meeting design specifications for integration into wireless silicon SoC’s. • Validate silicon test chip and production silicon RF transceivers and drive any required design revisions to achieve full performance. • Support the delivery of new wireless technologies to the Product Systems teams.
Education & Experience
MSEE or PH.D. in Electrical Engineering