Module Integration Engineer
Boulder, Colorado, United States
The panel process and optics (PPO) team design, and develop the cutting edge display technologies to support Apple’s extraordinary products. This includes a total optimization & integration of display material, optics, and process to deliver outstanding performance. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering perfection, creativity, and innovation. As part of Apple design and development team you will be working with some of the smartest and most hardworking people in the field, and will be chipping in to exciting new products that will touch lives of millions and enrich your career with invaluable experience. We are looking for a Module Integration Engineer with a proven track record of experimental optics, metrology system development, and module integration experiences. A successful candidate will work with multi-functional teams and external vendors to develop new optical modules for our next-generation displays.
- 3+ years of experience leading module and/or process integration efforts in displays or optical modules/components
- Familiarity with various optical and mechanical testing instruments such as interferometer, auto-collimator, and other conventional materials mechanical testing methods
- In-depth understanding of metrology limitations and ability to process data to extract key information
- Experience with image processing and automation is a plus
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capability to articulate the thought process clearly and concisely
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Design, build, and operate various opto-mechanical metrology tools for accurate characterization of optical modules with high precision - Responsible for troubleshooting equipment and verifying measurement fidelity - Perform Gage R&R studies and analyze data for various metrology tools - Design and implement automation solutions to increase measurement throughput - Design and execute optical and mechanical testing plans to drive spec validation, root cause analysis, and improvement actions related to new design and process technology - Work with early stage prototypes as well as taking designs through product cycles and eventually production
Education & Experience
M.S. degree or Ph.D. in Physics, Optics, or Mechanical Engineering.