Film Production Executive, Apple TV+
Culver City, California, United States
We are seeking an experienced Production Executive to help lead all aspects of physical production as part of our growing original film content efforts, both in-house and with our partners. This is an opportunity to join a production team that we are building from the ground up, working on premium content in collaboration with A-list talent. This position will report to the Film Production Lead and your responsibilities broadly include reviewing and vetting budgets and schedules, curating vendor and crew relations, and establishing best practices from pre-production through delivery.
- The right candidate will have 8 or more years of experience as a Producer and/or Production Executive at a major studio or network.
- We need a team-player, able to handle a myriad of responsibilities across a diverse slate of projects at various points in production (from development through delivery).
- Identify and solve physical production issues strategically and in a timely manner while upholding the creative vision of the project.
- This is a fast paced, dynamic and high-volume position that requires a proactive problem solver who is able to prioritize, pivot when necessary, and exercise good judgment.
- Proficiency in Movie Magic Budgeting/Scheduling, Word and Excel is required.
In this role, you will be responsible for supervising several films as they go in to prep/production; specific responsibilities include but are not limited to: You will collaborate with Creative, Finance, Legal and Post-Production departments as well as outside producing partners to set up a global production plan, master schedule, workflow and maximization of budget spend. Supervise/build and help communicate the production and post-production schedule. Collaborate with internal departments, and articulate specific notes/changes to production schedule to producers, until schedule is locked. Work with Line Producers, Show-runners and Executive Producers to help inform and vet show budgets based on scripts, evaluate viability and risks of shows on a case by case basis. Regularly work with both internal and external teams to lock budget, track and manage costs, and ensure that productions run efficiently, on budget, and that deadlines are met. Collaborate with producers to find and hire key production staff and determine appropriate vendors who are the best suited for each project. This includes ensuring we meet production needs from locations and budgets to tax incentive maximization. Engage internal and external Legal departments to resolve issues that arise from clearance, insurance, and labor. Maintain production policies and procedures on all projects with the ability to adapt to new processes when required.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree preferred.