Hardware Reliability Engineer, Shock & Vibration
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Come join a dedicated team who is committed to making Apple's products more durable. We work in a highly collaborative lab environment, balancing several projects and deadlines simultaneously. You will review test plans, execute reliability testing, capture data, and share your analysis with Apple's reliability engineers. You will support building the lab’s testing capabilities, outlining the testing methods, and focusing on the small details to make day-to-day activities run efficiently. Your success will allow us to identify and correct design issues quickly.
- Hands-on experience with shock, vibration, drop, digital image correlation (DIC), and high-speed video equipment
- Hands-on experience with accelerometers, strain gauges, and load cells
- Experience in Damage Boundary and Laser Doppler Vibrometer is a plus
- Excellent Mandarin and English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively lead multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines
- Dynamic and “can-do” attitude with a passion to deliver groundbreaking technologies and an exceptional customer experience
- Ability to drive decisions and problem solve in an unattended manner
- Willing and able to travel freely among Asian nations
In this role, you will collaborate with multiple Apple engineers while operating a variety of shock, vibration, drop and optical characterization test equipment. Use ingenuity and creativity to locate sensors in the most challenging situations without affecting the integrity of the device under test and collect data of the highest quality. Interpret test data from various sensor types (accelerometers, strain gauges, load cells, etc.). Provide feedback to cross-functional teams on what the data means and ways to attenuate resonances identified. Additionally report lab equipment utilization, actively track test samples, and work with a third party vendor to setup, calibrate, and oversee the maintenance of test equipment in the lab.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent degree or 5+ years applicable experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.