Reliability Engineering Manager - Dynamics Characterization Lab
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on product reliability? You will lead a dynamic characterization team to foster engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Passionate, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. Come join a dedicated team who is committed to making Apple's products more durable. We work in a highly collaborative lab environment, balancing several projects and deadlines simultaneously. You will review test plans, assign work, ensure accurate and timely execution of reliability testing and analysis, and grow and develop the members of the team. You will support building the lab’s testing capabilities, outlining the testing methods, and focusing on the small details to make day-to-day activities run efficiently. Your success will allow us to identify and correct design issues quickly and enhance the capabilities of your team for the benefit of the entire reliability organization and Apple.
- Passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Enjoys mentoring, giving/receiving positive and constructive feedback, and helping others achieve their goals
- Able to effectively prioritize, drive decisions, and problem solve while working both collaboratively and individually
- Adaptable to different audiences and new situations
- Able to effectively lead multiple projects simultaneously while meeting strict deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to influence others
- Experience with shock, vibration, accelerometers, strain gauges, and load cells
- Knowledge of relevant dynamics industry test standards
- Experience in Damage Boundary, Digital Image Correlation (DIC), and Laser Doppler Vibrometry (LDV) is a plus
In this role, you will lead a team that operates a variety of shock, vibration and characterization test equipment to inform product design through the FEA process. Your team is responsible for driving dynamics test and characterization methodologies that are used by our various reliability labs around the world, and you will have the chance to help shape the future growth of this team as it takes on a greater role in the FEA and data analysis process. A solid foundational knowledge of statistics and data analysis with a keen eye for presentation and report design will position you to guide your team to deliver at an ever increasing level. With Apple’s international footprint, you will work collaboratively with international labs and teams to ensure bringup of equipment and established test procedures to enable quality results no matter where the testing takes place
Education & Experience
Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent field. Prior experience managing people is a huge plus.