WW Business Planning Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. We’re looking for a Business Planning Analyst with the business and strategic acumen to take point in developing the insights and analytical tools to cut through ambiguity and answer big, important questions to support the growth of Apple’s Institutional and Public Impact Businesses (i.e., Worldwide Health, Government, and Education). Health, Education, and Government are part of Apple’s core mission to leave the world better than we found it. The team developing Apple’s strategy and honing execution across all of these areas worldwide needs an analyst with strong analytic and data visualization skills to support our efforts. Predicting the interplay between key drivers (e.g., channel coverage, partner and customer incentives, outcomes data, device promotions, service plan changes, device + solutions bundles, etc.) is fundamental to driving Apple’s growth and impact in these markets globally.
- 7-10 years of relevant consulting or financial/business/data analysis experience
- Strong logic, analytical skills, and the creativity to develop robust analytic and problem-solving approaches
- Advanced modeling and Excel skills
- Phenomenal teamwork and collaboration, along with the willingness to take ownership and get results
- Understanding of the computing and mobile device and service industry
- Passion for education, government, and health markets and improving outcomes in them
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to articulate results of analyses in easy to understand business terms
As a WW Business Planning Analyst, you will: - Create foundational tools and help build momentum for real impact and lasting value. - Be responsible for defining problem-solving approaches and conducting analyses to inform key business decisions. - Collect, validate, and ingest relevant data from multiple internal and external sources, as relevant. - Develop Excel models to project key trends and support response to leadership inquiries, partner discussions, and business development initiatives. - Build dashboards that combine key metrics to inform business leadership and derive strategic insights. - Build presentations for senior Apple management and external partners to articulate findings. - Support the team in moving from analytic insights to practical business recommendations. - Partner with business stakeholders to understand their analytical needs.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. - MBA preferred.