AR/ VR Graphics Engineer
Culver City, California, United States
Are you ready to explore a new technology and product space with a hardworking and collaborative team? Apple's Technology Development Group is seeking a software engineer with experience with low-level high performance graphics applicable to AR and VR. This team is building the core foundational platform for some of Apple's most advanced technologies including the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) support offered in ARKit and Metal. As a member of our creative organization, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future technologies that will delight and inspire millions of people every day.
- Real-time 3D graphics experience
- Experience writing shaders
- Proficient with at least 1 3D API (e.g. Metal, OpenGL, DirectX)
- Proficient with 3D mathematics (linear algebra, trigonometry, geometry)
- Experience developing latency-critical software
- Ability to profile and optimize code
- Ability to write scalable, testable and maintainable code
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Shown knowledge of software engineering techniques, methodologies and best practices
As a member of our fast-paced group you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to work with a dynamic and hardworking team. We are looking for a talented engineer to join us and architect and develop latency critical low-level graphics solutions. The successful candidate should be team-oriented, motivated by innovation and possess the versatility to design and develop high-performance 3D solutions in a rapidly evolving domain.
Education & Experience
Computer Science degree or equivalent years industry experience.
- Game development experience is nice to have
- Experience working with ARKit is nice to have
- Metal API experience is nice to have
- Swift experience is nice to have
- Highly organized and motivated with a deep desire to prove themselves within a company of talented individuals
- Proactive, creative and optimistic problem solver