Software Engineer in Test (Web / API Automation Engineer)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Strong commitment to technical quality assurance as a key part of the software development cycle.
- Willingness to work cross-functionally.
- Ability to build automation framework and automated tests along with functional qualification of the release.
- Results-oriented, persistent, and meticulous.
- 5+ years experience with Junit/TestNG, Jenkins, Maven,SQL, JSON, XML
- Experience in writing test automation frameworks for REST services
- Experience with Web Automation tools such as Selenium, Raft, WebDriverIO, TestCafe etc
- Proven understanding of Internet Protocols TCP/IP, HTTP and HTTPS
- Familiarity with Objective-C or Swift is a plus.
- Knowledge in SQL, CSS, HTML, JSON a plus.
Apple Media Platforms Analytics QA team is looking for creative and passionate Software Engineer in Test with excellent problem solving and communication skills. This position requires an ambitious individual who can collaborate in a fast-paced environment despite incomplete specifications and minimal direct supervision. You must work well and stay cool under pressure and stress. As a part of QE team, you will be tasked with identifying automation opportunities, then defining the test approach, and implementing a robust solution that has a sound architecture. Day to day work involves bug reporting and isolation, test plan documentation, authoring, monitoring and maintaining automation and working closely with other teams (engineering, project management, etc.) This position demands a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment. Possess exceptional analytical skills in test case design and bug diagnosis. Be dynamic and prepared to test/regress a high volume of changes on a day-to-day basis. Demonstrate excellent bug reporting skills and the ability to communicate clearly with third parties. Web and API qualification will be primary QA focus areas, load testing and backend data validation will also be required on need basis. Candidate should possess the ability to build reusable web / api automation frameworks.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant experience