Hardware Art Director, Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We lead all aspects of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure impeccable development and implementation of best-in-class communications. We are looking for an experienced creative who has as a strong knowledge of creative development and art direction as it relates specifically to hardware assets both moving and still. You will help us consistently create high-quality outcomes in a timely manner while balance working in a fast-paced, creatively driven organization.
- You have at least 7 to 10 years of relevant (preferably agency or design studio) experience.
- You have experience in advertising, marketing, design, and/or new media communication.
- You have expertise in developing product hardware visualizations in a variety of campaigns, across a broad range of areas including, Advertising, Interactive, Retail and Channel, Keynote and Packaging.
- You have extraordinary knowledge of hardware shape and form in 3D, as well as photographic cameras and lenses.
- You have a deep understanding of light behavior on real-world materials, surface finishes, and colors.
- You have in-depth knowledge of all steps required in the 3D/CG workflow both still and animation, including, providing clear communication and creative direction and giving timely and effective feedback to improve creative solutions.
- Experience in Industrial Design is a great benefit.
Partner with Planners, Producers, Creative Directors, and ID to develop compelling hardware image directions that align with yearly product and campaign roadmaps and overall communications strategies. Work with Print team creatives to brief functional teams and participate in creative reviews to ensure that hardware visuals are consistent and accurate across all marketing materials including key/control angles, packaging, interactive, film/video. Responsible for collaborating with print creatives to help define key angles (control angles). Excellent skills at directing hardware image creation accompanied by the ability to guide and evaluate, and if necessary, redirect execution of hardware visuals. Ability to communicate effectively with creatives, photographers, hardware production staff, vendors, engendering trust and respect. Partner closely with the Cross-Functional Producer and Creative Team to lead global launch and sustaining campaign efforts from inception to completion in the area of product hardware visualization and integration across functions. Excellent ability to lead team members on the CG model team in order to create accurate representations of product hardware with realistic material fit & finish for launch, campaign and sustain.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or another related field is preferred.