Product Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Product Quality Engineer is responsible for Power product quality throughout the product life cycle.
- 7+ years experience in either Manufacturing or the development of consumer electronics.
- Experience in metrology and standard manufacturing quality control practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Mandarin language skills are a plus but not required.
- Experience in electro-mechanical products high volume manufacturing
- Creative problem solving experience
- Technical systems knowledge related to computers
- Project management experience
- Reliability methods and quality sampling methodologies
You will manage IQC, IPQC, OQC and ORT for the power products Drive quality readiness at the factory for development builds and mass production Drive all quality issues in development builds to timely closure Collaborate with design, engineering and safety teams to set appropriate quality control/Inspection/metrology stations on the production line You will conduct periodic reviews of Field/Factory Quality Data with OEM partners. Prepare OK to Ship documentation for new product launch Create risk assessment and implement plans for new products being developed Support/Attend new product development builds as required 25-30% International Travel is required
Education & Experience
BSME or IE (MS preferred) or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.